Covid antibody testing can be performed with a venipuncture or blood draw. This test provides insight into prior exposure or infections. Antibodies usually develop on average, 5-10 days after exposure or infection. IgM or initial antibodies take about 5 days, while IgG or later antibodies take about 7-10 days to develop.
Nasopharyngeal swabbing tests for acute symptomatic or asymptomatic testing can be performed at anytime. The highest likelihood of false negative rates are before day 5 of new exposures.
Generally, your insurance carrier should cover these tests and we are not currently collecting copays at the time of the visit. We do recommend you contact your insurance carrier to ensure they will cover the testing before you have a visit, as we are not responsible for insurance companies deferring to do so.
For businesses interested in setting up COVID-19 testing for cash prices, this can be arranged on site. Please reach out to us at Admin@miexpresscare.com.
The Testing Process:
If you are coming in for antibody testing or screening without known exposure to COVID-19 or have no symptoms, you may enter the office for registration. All individuals entering our building must wear a mask regardless of reason for visit. Individuals not complying will be asked to leave.
Upon arrival for your COVID-19 testing:
- If you have exposure to a known COVID-19 positive individual, someone suspected of having COVID-19 awaiting testing results, or have any of the following symptoms: shortness of breath, fever, or cough, we ask that you remain in your vehicle and call the office to be register through our scheduler.
- Please call the office upon arrival and press Option 2.
- If you are unable to register via our scheduler, please send the following information to Fax@miexpresscare.com
- Individual pictures of your insurance card
- Picture of your Photo ID or license
- Cellphone number
- If your address is different than on your license, please include your updated address in your email.
- When it is your turn, you will be called for your visit to begin.
We have established even more stringent cleaning processes than normal to foster an environment of safety for all of our patients. We also installed advanced filtration systems to further remove any viruses, bacteria, and germs.
Obtaining your results:
Results are taking on average 24-48 hours to finalize. This is the average time, depending on lab volumes as testing has increased across the state. Your results may be available before or slightly after this but the average falls inside this window.
We ask that you plan your timeline for results accordingly. We will call the number provided to us with the result upon our receipt from the lab. If you do not receive a call within 7 days from testing, call the office.
You can obtain a physical record of your test by one of three methods:
- Pick up your test result from the office.
- Create a patient portal with the office by providing your email and requesting one be created where your result will be released.
- Provide a secure private fax or email where results can be sent directly.
Patient volumes have increased all around the state for testing, please be prepared to have varying wait times depending on the time of day. Generally, earlier times of day have shorted waiting times.