Eat infections are common in kids and its annual per year treatment cost is over $ 2 billion. Ear infections are caused by viral or bacterial infection target the middle ear behind the ear drum. Inflammation and fluid make it painful. It may be acute which is of shorter time or chronic type which may come back many times and last for longer time and can damage the internal ear permanently.
In majority of cases ear infection is self-healing and you can get relief without going for hard treatments, but you must do something for pain relief. Sever infection and infections in small children require treatment and consultation with doctors at any urgent care walk in clinic near you. Some severe and long-term infections need specialist attention, as it may damage the inner ear permanently. The healthy approach would be to consult the doctor ASAP, as no one know what the nature of infection is.
- The symptoms and signs are continuous pain and some other symptoms like;
- Pain in the ear when children lie down.
- Abnormal weeping & crying
- Symptoms of not hearing well or abnormal responses to the sounds.
- Fluid in the ear.
- Temperature or high fever.
- Headache and irritation.
- Low appetite.
While in adults the symptoms are slightly different.
- Fluid from inner ear
- Difficulties in hearing
Reasons & Causes.
- Any type of allergy may cause ear pain and infection.
- Congestion and Sinus Infection.
- Smoking and other drinks may cause it.
- Air Pressure Change.
Doctor at nearest urgent care like MI Express Care can examine and treat with his otoscope with magnifying lens and light. Doctors will check for;
- Air bubbles, pus like fluid within inner ear.
- Drain of fluid from middle ear.
- Eardrum perforation.
- Changes in the shape of Eardrum.
- Doctor may also test the fluid for any possible strong antibiotic resistance from bacterial organism present inside the fluid.
Doctor will examine the ear and will check the severity of your and may prescribe a test of sample fluid. You can visit MI Express Care Canton Urgent Care for your ear infections.
- Pain killers are also a type of treatment.
- OTC or prescribed drops may also get you relief from ear pain.
- Also, there are Anti-Biotic Ear Drops for relieving you from pain and infection.
- Also, you can go for some home remedies like,
- Pain reliever of over the counter.
- Olive oil is also helpful.
- Tea Tree Oil.
- Drop Naturopathic.
- Neck and head exercises.
- Putting warm cloth on the affected ear.