Pink eye is an inflammation of thin covering of the white of the eye and inside of eyelids. To treat the pink eye as soon as possible it is important to know what type you have. The four common cause of pink eye are
Viral is most common and it means you have cold in eye. You can also have it along with upper respiratory infection.
It is caused by bacteria. it can cause more irritation and mucus compared to other caused. Bacterial conjunctivitis can cause severe damage if left untreated.
It is caused by irritants like dust, pollen and animal dander. It may be
- Flare up year-round( pet dander, dust)
The treatment of pink eye depends on cause. The treatments can be;
For viral conjunctivitis:
In most cases no medical treatment is required and it runs over a period of several days. A warm or cold compress is always good for viral conjunctivitis> Apply it gently and it also help to reduce swelling>
FOR BACTERIAL conjunctivitis:
The treatment for bacterial conjunctivitis MAY BE. You can visit MI Express Care Canton Urgent Care Canton MI for eye infections.
- Avoid touching your eyes and nose and other parts of the face unnecessarily.
- Sharing your personal belonging like towel, tissues, washcloths with anyone can cause problems, so avoid sharing anything personal.
- Covering the nose and mouth while coughing is good.
- Wash the hands frequently. Use hand wash and sanitizers to keep the hands clean and germ free.
- Keep clean and germ free the surfaces around like bathroom surfaces, handles, table tops, kitchen tables and pads etc.
- Be aware and alert about seasonal allergies, do what is necessary for it.
- Follow the guidelines necessary for wearing lenses and don’t forget to remove it before going shower.
- Use goggles while swimming.